Saturday 18 July 2009

Making a path through the forest of fabric.



We were given a huge mountain of fabulous velvet and satin from Mairead who has a funky florists in the East End, "Rebel Rebel "- used for displays purposes by her we think - and spent a day emptying cupboards of unused childrens' art materials (dried up paintpots, glue, feltpens etc) and filling them with our new stash. Then I have tackled my little sewing room - my sanctuary - which I was unable to enter due to the chaos of the past two weeks making stuff for our stall last weekend. I had to bring some order, in order to find anything. After starting at the doorway I worked my way into the room and have attempted to colourcode cottons into a storage system! Hurrah! how long it will last I don't know but I have good intentions (and we all know where that road leads to......!) - so now nearly ready to actually start some stitching - got lots of ideas. And the great news is that we applied for a stall at BUST magazine's summer craftacular on 22nd August at York House, Bethnal Green and were accepted. So now we really must get cracking - two weeks are out because of summer holidays - to make more cushions and some sofa throws. I post a photo of my bargain of last weekend - a lovely dark green leather sewing box full of lovely things a fiver! and the rescued teddy - about to be properly revived.

No comments:

Post a Comment